Thursday, April 2, 2015

WEEK 12- Farewell.

It's just like so we've come to not only the end of the term, but also the end of my first year as a university student. It's incredible how quickly this year has flown by, and how much more knowledgeable I feel about computer science. I've had such a roller-coaster of a time within these past two semesters, it's been quite the ride. This course has been, to me, much more enjoyable than any other, especially 108, because I feel as though we're now diving into the grit of "computer science".

It's not to say this course didn't have it's challenges. I'm still not a master of recursion, but It's something that I'm determined to work on and I really want to improve for myself and I think that's the most important. I know that a large portion of the course this semester revolved around using recursion and recursive functions to solve problems and so I would only assume that the ability to think recursively will be something that is tested heavily on the final test and so I really will work towards improving those skills within the next few weeks so that they are the best they can be in preparation for the final exam.

I'm excited to continue my journey, and every time Dianne mentions something we'll learn in another course, I get giddy to learn such exciting and interesting things. I realize that the strike really put a damper on the course, but I hope that through reworking the labs and assignments, Ill be able to ace the exam. This course is very crucial for getting into the subject post and so I really need to make sure that I don't screw up. My self-doubt aside, I just wanted to end off by saying that, as a student with no background in coding or things of the sort, I'm very proud of the progress that I've made the past six months and am excited to see what things I will learn next.

Leo out.

No comments:

Post a Comment