A relatively quiet week, the second term test occurred on Wednesday, and it did not go as well as I had hoped. I have yet to receive my marks yet but I am certain that It was bad. I'm feeling very frustrated with the course, as well as with the ongoing strike. I miss having a tutorial where I could ask the TA questions about the class material as well as an opportunity to work on labs, whereas I am finding myself skipping weekly labs because there is no incentive or actual tutorial time. I feel as though I'm not getting the results I want for the work I'm putting in and this is the most defeated feeling in the world.
I know that me working on the labs would have been good preparation for the term test, and I've been kicking myself in the butt for not doing so. I'm just having a hard time motivating myself as of late and disinterested in the course. I have decided that once the results are posted, I will go through the test again and work through the problems because I clearly don't have as good of an understanding as I thought I had. I also think it's important for myself to be more engaged during lecture, and to ask questions. I find myself being very passive in class and this isn't conducive to getting a good understanding of the material.
I'm going to try to do these two things and hopefully we will see some positive results when the final test rolls around.
No comments:
Post a Comment